First challenge is by YA Bliss.
Top 3 Love Triangles
1. Twilight. Super-obvious, but she set the gold standard.
2. Wings series by Aprilynne Pike. She did a great job making each guy have strengths and weaknesses that would make it so hard to choose!
3. Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr. It’s kind of a love triangle between the Summer King and her human boyfriend. The Summer King used magic on her so it felt like she was choosing between fate and free will. Still, you didn’t know who she was going to choose. It was great!
Second challenge is by The Bookish Type.
Pick any book from your readathon pile and write a fake synopsis based solely on the cover. The synopsis does not have to be related to the actual book at all, just the pretty, pretty cover.
Sam’s girlfriend is now a wolf and it’s his job, along with the doctor/rock-star Cole St. Clair to find a cure or they’ll lose themselves forever. They do extensive research on rats and case studies and spend millions on experimental medications that don’t work. Can there be a scientific explanation for magic? Will they spend forever together as humans or wolves? WHY is everything red??
I learned a few things today. First thing, I don’t like re-reading books because without that drive of wondering what happens next, slow books are kind of boring. I loved Shiver the first time, but it wasn’t as gripping the second time. I’m kind of wishing I would have just gone straight to reading Forever. But now that I’ve started, I want to finish Linger, too.
- Total time reading today: 3 hours
- Pages read today: 166
- Books read today: Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater. Started Linger.